From Santa Maria, California, Ashley is 18 years old and has been modeling for about three years. We recently asked Ashley some questions so that we could get know her better, here is what she said:
1. Why did you enter the Cocoa USA modeling contest?
I was presented with this opportunity and thought it would be a good opportunity to expand my modeling career.
2. What are your modeling (or career) goals?
As a model, my goals are to reach a professional level of modeling for print/advertising and other media outlets. Getting a late start to modeling, I hope to inspire girls to pursue their goals without becoming discouraged about where they come from or where they're starting.
3. What modeling things have you done in the past?
My past experiences include styled wedding shoots, print/ad and promo work for clothing and shoe companies as well as working with local freelance photographers.
4. Who do you admire or look up to? and why?
Growing up my role model has always been my mom. She continually supports me in all I do and never discouraged me to accomplish my dreams.
5. What are your hobbies or activities that you like to do?
Being a full time college student, and working 2 part time jobs, it can hard to find spare time. So modeling has become a hobby and escape from my hectic schedule.
6. How do you think your friends describe you?
My friends would describe me as, outgoing, religious, determined, caring, family-oriented and willing to put an effort into helping the people around me.
7. What would tell others who want to go into modeling?
Starting a modeling career at an older age, I would tell girls to never get discouraged about where they come from or find an excuse to not pursue their dreams.
8. What is your favorite thing to wear?
Leggings, flannels and Converse is my go-to outfit.
9. Where would you like to visit?
In the future I hope to travel to Greece because Mediterranean food is my favorite and I'd love to explore the culture.
10. If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?
Something that I would change about myself is to focus my attention more on the present instead of constantly looking ahead into my future.